If you want a fast, delicious and nutritious meal, this miso salmon recipe is the way to go!
For the marinade
- 1 Tbsp mirin - Japanese sweet rice wine
- 2 Tbsp miso (mix of white and red miso is perfect combination for this recipe)
- 1 Tbsp sake
- 500g salmon (tall rather than wide and flat)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp sesame oil (roasted)
- 1-2 spring onions (halved and chopped into fine strips) (optional)
- ½ tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl.
- Place the salmon in the bowl, skin side up. Spoon marinade and coat the salmon skin. Cover and place it in the fridge for approx 30min, but no longer than 1 hours as miso is quite salty.
- Place the baking paper on the baking tray. As miso gets burnt easily, completely remove excess marinade from the salmon and place it on the baking tray.
- Bake salmon for 10-12 min, don't flip it.
- Brown rice and broccolini.